Triptych of Rosserk Friary

Artist Name: 
Judith Zucker
oil on three cnavases
Dimensions (width x height x depth): 
14" x 35

Rosserk Friary was founded around 1460 for a community of friars for the Third Order of St. Frans=cis - married men and women who wished to lead a Franciscan life, but because of their married starus, were unable to join the First Order (friars) or the Second Order (nuns). In 1590, Sir Richard Bingham, governor of Connacht, burned Rosserk. leaving it standing without a roof. It has remained for over 500 years casting magnificent shadows and providing a window into the history of Ireland.

Price: $1,840.00