You are invited to assist in various art related activities through the year. Bring your skills and be part of the art revolution in Yonkers. Volunteers from the community at large are welcome to join and help in the creation of a vibrant arts community. There are a wide range of experiences to be gained in the following areas: event planning, fund raising, graphic design, and gallery management. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
BDAC projects you can volunteer for:
- Exhibition Outreach – Organizing group exhibitions in outside venues throughout Westchester County
- Fundraising events or auctions for the Association and Gallery.
- Gallery Exhibitions - we need Curators to develop themes and organize shows at Blue Door Gallery.
- Development of new and current outreach programs – This includes Yonkers RiverFest as well as new community outreach projects for children and seniors.
- Gallery Assistance – This includes distributing announcements and posters, installing artwork as well as receiving and cataloging work. At opening receptions, we need volunteers to set up refreshments and meet and greet artists and guests.
- Day-to-day tasks of the Gallery and Association – This includes simple office tasks. Anyone with computer and graphic arts skills could help out.
If you are not sure what you would like to volunteer for, come to our next monthly Board meeting and meet and talk with other members. Meetings are held once a month at the Gallery.
Please sign up in the Volunteer Registry by clicking on the link below.
Please fill out the form below. This will allow us to have a record of your contact information and your area of interest as a volunteer.
Once you are registered as a Blue Door volunteer, with every new exhibition or venue that relates to your area of interest at the Association or Gallery, we will send you an e-mail call. Then once you are signed up for an event and a date we will put it into the Volunteer calendar at the web site, so you can refer to the calendar at any time.